This Day in Pop Culture History- September 4th, 1998 Google Was Founded
Google was founded on September 4, 1998- 21 years ago today. Here are a few fast facts about the tech giant.
1. According to the DailyMail.co.uk, Google’s worth last year was $110.8 billion, while Google’s parent company, Alphabet was worth $851.2 billion.
2. The name “Google” originates from the word “googol,” the word denoting the number 1 followed by one-hundred zeros.
3. Google’s co-founders Larry Page and Surgey Bin are worth an estimated $101.2 Billion.
4. Typing “do a barrel roll” into Google will cause the screen to spin. It is a reference to the Star Fox 64 game for the N64.
5. Google took away the “I’m feeling lucky” button because it cost the company as much as $110 million dollars in lost ad revenue by going directly to the first search result.